|1. Number of positions and job title||one position open for Full Professor|
|2. Division||Division of Regenerative and Biomedical Engineering, Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering, Tohoku University|
|3. Starting Date||April 1, 2024 or as soon as possible thereafter.|
|4. Job description||To promote researches about the mechanism elucidation involved in maintaining and improving the morphology and function of living organisms, and about the creation of medical devices and related technologies for those maintaining and improving, based on dentistry, by applying Biomedical engineering methods. In addition to education related to these researches, and in charge of classes on Physiology for Biomedical Engineering, Anatomy, etc.|
|5. Required qualifications and conditions||(1) Possess a doctoral degree
(2) Excellent domestic and international research achievements
(3) Ability to contribute to education and research at the Graduate School
(4) Ability to contribute to industry-academia collaboration activities at the Graduate School
|6. Subjects in charge||Physiology for Biomedical Engineering, Anatomy, etc.|
|7. Compensation||Annual salary system according to the rules of Tohoku University|
|8. Application materials||(1) Curriculum vitae (with photo attached)
(2) List of research achievements (Paper and conference presentations)
(3) 10 or less main research papers (Photo copies are acceptable, 2 copies each)
(4) List of educational achievements
(5) List of research grants and external funds (Within the past 10 years)
(6) Summary of Achievements in Education and Research (Should be around 4,000 words each. Charts are also acceptable.)
(7) Aspirations for research and education (Should be around 4,000 words each. Charts are also acceptable.)
(8) Contact information of references (about 2 people):
Name, name of institution, position title, telephone number and e-mail address.
|9. Application deadline||Application documents must arrive by October 30, 2023 (JST)|
|10. Selection process||(1) After screening of documents, an interview may be conducted. Travel and other expenses for the interview will be borne by the applicant.
(2) Interviews may be conducted online.
|11. Postal address||6-6 Aramaki Aza Aoba, Aoba-ku, Sendai 980-8579, Japan
General Affairs Section, Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering, Tohoku University
|12. Contact||General Affairs Section, Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering, Tohoku University
6-6 Aramaki Aza Aoba. Aoba-ku, Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
E-mail address: bme-syom*grp.tohoku.ac.jp (Replace * with @.)
|13. Others||(1) Personal information obtained from your application will only be used for this project.
(2) Application documents will not be returned.
(3) For an overview of the Graduate School, please visit the Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering HP
(4) Tohoku University promotes activities to increase Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) and encourages people of varied talents from all backgrounds to apply for positions at the university.
Tohoku University’s website about the DEI Declaration is here
(5) Pursuant to Article 8 of the Act on Securing, Etc. of Equal Opportunity and Treatment between Men and Women in Employment, Tohoku University shall, as a measure for increasing the presence of women among the academic staff, prioritize the hiring of women deemed qualified for each job opening, based on impartial evaluation.
(6) Tohoku University has published 'Tohoku University - Live as Who You Are - Guidelines for Gender and Sexual Diversity' to provide explanations and details of how those at the university should respond with respect to diverse sexuality. The purpose of the guidelines is to create an environment in which all students, faculty, and staff respect diverse sexuality in their academic, research, and professional activities.
Please see the Center for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Tohoku University website:
(7) Tohoku University has the largest on-campus childcare system of all Japanese national universities. This network comprises three nurseries: Kawauchi Keyaki Nursery school (capacity: 22) and Aobayama Midori Nursery school (116), both open to all university employees, as well as Hoshinoko Nursery school (120), which is open to employees working at Tohoku University Hospital. In addition, Tohoku University Hospital runs a childcare room for mildly ill and convalescent children which is available to all university employees.
(8) See the following website for information on these and other programs that Tohoku University runs to assist work-life balance, to support researchers, and to advance gender equality, including measures to promote childcare leave among male employees.
Center for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Tohoku University website:
Human Resources and Planning Department website: